Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wyly

I've never been to any southern state besides Florida.  And I must say I am missing out on so much good architecture.

The mid-south states such as Texas are thriving in the architecture industry, where land is relatively cheap compared to the price per square foot in Los Angeles or New York.  That could be one reason why so many firms have offices there producing remarkable work.

I recently discovered the Wyly Theater in Dallas, TX.  An unbelievable building.  When viewing the images without looking where it was located, I immediately thought it was constructed somewhere abroad in Europe, China, or Korea.  These types of buildings are somewhat rare in the United States.

I'm sure there are so many regulations and panels of approval that a building must go through in order to begin construction.  The United States is extremely conservative on behalf of crazy, interesting, and unusual architecture.

Luckily, we still have a few people that love creativity and allow these types of buildings to be built here in the USA.

I can't wait to finally visit Dallas!

 Dee and Charles Wyly Theater, REX, OMA, Joshua Prince-Ramus

No comments:

Post a Comment