Thursday, February 18, 2010

Piet


So I've been meaning to look at someone's work for quite awhile but really haven't had the time to do so because of school and other interests.

This artist to me is very influential in modern painting, and abstract geometric design that is reflected in a lot of modern architecture. I'd been introduced to him when I was a freshman in high school in my first of 3 art classes there. My teacher had a poster of it on her wall (probably still does), and I'd always been intrigued by the way he uses lines, shapes, and color to represent a certain feeling or emotion.

I've not really read too much up on this artist but I think I'm going to start reading up on artists not only photographers that interest me. I've always been trying to look only at photographer influences since I'm a photographer, but in reality, photography is derived from the painters and other artists. This is probably because photography has only been around for a century or so, and a photograph is like a painting except real. A frozen piece of time.

Others might not be aware of it, but I am. I've always loved the painters and the sculptors, and the designers of the past and of the present.

Cheers to, PIET MONDRIAN, someone ahead of his time in modern geometric design.


No comments:

Post a Comment