Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Break Week

Break week is here for school and I'm pretty stoked about it.
I get to get a lot of stuff done that I put off during the session.
Reading.
Exercising.
Gaming.
Sending prints to family/friends.
Listening to ungodly amounts of music.

Just to name a few things.
On top of those I'm going to be going around town to architects that I can possibly shoot for during my Advanced Advertising 2 class.

I need to produce some type of body of work by the end of the class.
It can be a new body of work, it can be a revision of old work.
It can be re-editing images for stock photography.
It can be re-designing your portfolio to give it a different look.

I haven't a clue what I'll be doing. But that is what break week is for.
Contemplating.
Contemplating.
Contemplating.

This break week will be going by super fast but be one of the most productive
break weeks in a while!
I also might try and shoot some new stuff so I can use that in my new portfolio I'll be making.

I've also got to get a slideshow ready for the Palm Springs Photo Festival that is due on the 28th of February! Hopefully they'll showcase my work and get me a good recognition.

I'll be trying to go down there on Sunday March 28th for a 75$ open portfolio showing. See a ton of people's work and hopefully meet a lot of photographers from LA and Southern California. Get those connections and network a little bit for at least 1 day.

We'll see how that goes. Its going to be difficult. Might try and bring a friend too to split the costs of a hotel or gas for the day over there [5-6 hour drive D:].

I'll also be reading this interesting book called 'Le Corbusier' which is an architecture and art movement from Europe that influenced a lot of what Southern California's modern architecture is based on. People like Mies Van Der Rohe, Walter Gropius, Richard Neutra are all part of this. Some of my most favorite modernists out of the United States.

We'll see how that goes. I'm feeling good about life though and thats all that matters.

Currently listening to: None More Black- Yo, It's Noy Rerun (This Is Satire)


No comments:

Post a Comment